Clean Fuels wins state award for workplace safety
A Wells County company was among those honored across Indiana for safety in the workplace.
Last week Indiana Department of Labor Commissioner Joe Hoage recognized nine Hoosier companies and eight individuals for exemplary workplace-safety practices and advocacy during the recent Governor’s Workplace Safety Awards event, according to a press release.
The Governor’s Workplace Safety Awards event was held virtually this year as a part of the 2021 Indiana Safety and Health Conference and Expo. The annual event is hosted by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce and Central Indiana Chapter of the American Society of Safety Engineers in partnership with the Indiana Department of Labor.
“The organizations and individuals recognized (March 3) have answered the call to become leaders in occupational safety and health,” said Hoage in a press release. “Their accomplishments have touched the lives of hundreds of employees and families, and we are honored to celebrate their achievements.”
Indiana companies were recognized in the categories of education and outreach, partnerships, and rising star. The 2021 Governor’s Workplace Safety Award recipients are:
• Clean Fuels National, Keystone — Education and Outreach Internal.
• Edwards Electrical & Mechanical, Indianapolis — Education & Outreach Internal
• Gribbins Insulation Company, Inc., Evansville — Education & Outreach Internal
• Indiana Department of Environmental Management, Indianapolis — Partnerships
• Sustainable Sourcing LLC, Clinton — Partnerships
• Louis Dreyfus Company, Claypool — Rising Star
• No-Sag Products; Division of Leggett & Platt Inc., Kendallville — Rising Star
“This past year has really amplified how important it is for employers to prioritize a safety strategy and deliver that message to employees – for the health of both the individuals and the company,” said Indiana Chamber of Commerce President and Chief Executive Officer Kevin Brinegar. “We are pleased to recognize these organizations and leaders who continue to embrace workplace safety at the highest levels.”
The Everyday Safety Hero Award recognized Hoosiers who have championed workplace safety and health excellence in their respective workplaces, the release said. Individuals, who may not be safety and health professionals, were nominated by their peers or organizations. Winners were selected based on a narrative provided by their respective nominators.
The 2021 Everyday Safety Hero Award recipients are:
• Patti Miskus, school nurse at Saint Mary Catholic Community School, Crown Point.
• Katie Dodd, certified early intervention specialist at ATI Worksite Solutions, Indianapolis.
• Claire Sayre, certified early intervention specialist at ATI Worksite Solutions, Indianapolis.
• Russ Dunton, general manager at No-Sag Products, Division of Leggett & Platt Inc., Kendallville.
• Donald Mead, maintenance engineer at No-Sag Products, Division of Leggett & Platt Inc., Kendallville.
• Gene Fischer, Tooling Engineer at No-Sag Products; Division of Leggett & Platt Inc., Kendallville.
The annual Governor’s Workplace Safety Awards are a result of a partnership among government, business, and safety leaders including the Indiana Department of Labor on behalf of Gov. Eric J. Holcomb, the Indiana Chamber of Commerce, and the Central Indiana Chapter of the American Society of Safety Engineers.