Indiana is one of the most business-friendly states in America, creating a business environment where conditions are set for success.
- Indiana ranks best in the Midwest and 7th overall in Area Development magazine's Top State for Doing Business Survey (Sep. 2014).
- Indiana's business climate ranks best in the Midwest and 5th in the nation in Business Faculties' 2014 State Rankings Report (Aug. 2014).
- Indiana ranks 1st in the Midwest and 7th in the nation as the best place to do buiness in the Pollina Corporate Top 10 Pro-Business States study (July 2014).
- Indiana ranks 1st in the Midwest and 6th in the nation in Chief Executive magazine's annual Best & Worst States survey (May 2014).
- Indiana ranks 1st in the Midwest and 8th nationally in the Tax Foundation's 2015 State Business Tax Climate Index (Oct. 2014).
- Indiana's corporate income tax rate is steadily decreasing from the current 7% to 4.9% by 2021.
- On February 1, 2012 Indiana became the 23rd state in the nation and the first in the industrial Midwest to pass right-to-work legislation.
- Indiana is one of only 11 states to earn the top bond rating from all three major credit rating agencies.